If a file failed to upload, GoodNotes does not attempt to re-upload in the current version. Large files may take too much time to upload than the allowed time for apps to remain in background and become missing as a result. We plan to fix it in future versions.
Articles in this section
- [GoodNotes 4] Upload Failed error message
- [GoodNotes 4] Some files are missing in the auto-backup folder.
- [GoodNotes 4] Deleted files remain in the sync folder.
- [GoodNotes 4] The files are zipped and I cannot view them on my desktop.
- [GoodNotes 4] Auto-backup create multiple files in Google Drive.
- [GoodNotes 4] Backup files contain garbled file names.