Google drive allows multiple files/folders having the same name, unlike other cloud storage services. When there is an error retrieving the list of files, GoodNotes will attempt to create a new folder with the same name which Google Drive allows. As a result, there are more than one backup folders. If you view it on your computer, Google Drive will automatically append "(2)" to the new folder although the actual name does not include the numbering. We suggest switching to another cloud storage service such as Dropbox until this is fixed.
Articles in this section
- [GoodNotes 4] Upload Failed error message
- [GoodNotes 4] Some files are missing in the auto-backup folder.
- [GoodNotes 4] Deleted files remain in the sync folder.
- [GoodNotes 4] The files are zipped and I cannot view them on my desktop.
- [GoodNotes 4] Auto-backup create multiple files in Google Drive.
- [GoodNotes 4] Backup files contain garbled file names.