Download the latest update from the App Store. It should fix all issues with iCloud sync. In case your documents are still not uploading, restart your device to reset the iCloud Daemon.
Documents are still not syncing
Please also check whether the followings configured correctly:
- The device is logged into the correct iCloud account in Settings app > iCloud.
- GoodNotes is allowed access to iCloud in Settings app > iCloud > iCloud Drive.
- Inside GoodNotes, "Use iCloud" is switched on in Options > Settings > iCloud.
- Check if your documents are listed in Settings app > your name > iCloud > Manager Storage > GoodNotes 4.
- The device has a working internet connection.
- All your files are affected or only the older and newer files are affected.
Workaround, if documents still show arrows in the upper right
1. Backup all your notebooks to iTunes or a cloud storage of your choice, but NOT iCloud Drive
GoodNotes > Options > Backup All > iTunes
2. ***Make sure the backup contains all recent versions of your notebooks
No more arrows and cloud icons
3. Turn off "Use iCloud" in GoodNotes in Options > Settings > iCloud and choose to delete everything from your device (deleting all old files on GoodNotes )
4. Open the iOS Settings app and navigate to Settings > your name > iCloud > Manager Storage > GoodNotes 4. If your documents are still listed there, please delete them (deleting all old files from iCloud)
5. Open GoodNotes again and import the backup you made in step 1 via + > Import in the library view.
6. Activate "Use iCloud" again and after making an edit, they should start uploading to iCloud.
If the problem persists wait for one week sometimes it will fix itself. We use Apple’s APIs for GoodNotes to sync through iCloud. There is very little a developer can do about iCloud sync technology and updates. However, we are working on a new version that won't have this problem because it will not use iCloud document sync anymore, we will use something called iCloud CloudKit that we can control the sync ourselves.
Updated by CP: September 18th, 2018