Even though GoodNotes is not primarily built for typing texts with the keyboard, you are able to convert your handwritten notes to typed text. Here is how:
- Select the Lasso Tool from the toolbar
- Draw a circle around the handwritten notes you want to convert with the Lasso Tool
- Tap on the selection again and tap "Convert"
- Tap on the share button in the upper right of the pop-up and tap "Copy"
- Paste the copied text to the page by tapping and holding anywhere on the page with your finger until the contextual menu appears
Hint: You can also drag and drop handwriting to other apps where it will be automatically converted to typed text if the receiving app supports it. This is useful for dragging tasks from your meeting notes into your to-do app, for example.