GoodNotes lets you type texts with the keyboard using the Text Tool. Choose the Text Tool in the toolbar and then tap anywhere on the page to insert a text box. This will automatically bring up the iOS screen keyboard or will allow typing with an external keyboard.
You can format the text box by adding borders, background color, and padding. Selected text can be styled as well with different fonts, colors, sizes, etc. GoodNotes 5 supports multiple styles in a single text box.
To format text in a text box, please follow the steps below
- Select the text tool in the toolbar
- Tap on the text box you want to format
- Select the exact text you want to format (you can double-tap the screen keyboard with two fingers or press CMD+A on an external keyboard to select all text)
- Tap on the [Aa] icon in the text tool's contextual area (see screenshot below)
- Make your desired changes