If you use multiple devices with GoodNotes 5, you might find that one becomes out of sync. With the Mac app, options for syncing are slightly different to those on iOS/iPad OS. At times you might notice that the Mac App is not syncing and the ways in which to go about re-enabling the sync are a little different.
Firstly, GoodNotes 5 for Mac requires macOS Big Sur (11.3) or later.
To keep your documents and data synchronized across devices, please make sure that all the following conditions are met:
- You have the latest GoodNotes version on all your devices (iPad, iPhone, Mac). For example, if GoodNotes on your iPhone has an older or newer version than GoodNotes on your Mac, iCloud sync won't work. The best way to make sure is to open the app description page, and tap/click the "Update" button if it's available. (The App Store icon sometimes does not indicate there are pending updates.)
- You're logged in to all your devices with the same iCloud ID (your Apple ID).
- "Use iCloud" is enabled in GoodNotes Settings > iCloud Settings on all of your devices.
- Your Mac has "iCloud Drive" checked in the "Apps on this Mac using iCloud" list in System Preferences > Apple ID, and "GoodNotes" checked in the list that appears when clicking Options... next to "iCloud Drive."
- You have enough storage space available in iCloud Drive.
If it is still not syncing, please export the diagnostic data from GoodNotes on your Mac and send to Support team via our Contact form for further investigation: click GoodNotes menu (Gear icon) from the Documents tab > About > Export Diagnostic Data. Restarting your Mac might help, too.