The update 5.0.4 includes a bug that will cause the app to crash after adding an image to the page with the image tool, and show blank pages in imported PDF documents. This only happens if iCloud Sync is activated.
These are the exact steps that will cause the crash on 5.0.4, when iCloud Sync is activated:
1. Add an image to the page in a new notebook or PDF
2. Wait until the changes are synchronized with iCloud
3. Quit and reopen the app
4. Open the page again and try to select the image with the image tool
Update 5.0.5 will be available in a few hours and will fix the crash.
If your pages in new notebooks and imported documents show up blank, please follow one of the two alternatives below
Reimport the documents & recreate the notebooks
If you have recently imported the PDF document and you still have access to the original file, just reimport it. The pages will show up normally.
Disable & enable sync again
The newly created/imported files are only affected locally but are saved properly in iCloud. Please follow the instructions below to recover the files that show up blank:
1. In the GoodNotes 5 Menu > Setting > iCloud Settings, deactivate "Use iCloud"
2. A pop-up will appear asking you what to do with the data on your local device
3. Choose to delete everything - your data is save in iCloud
4. If some documents aren’t yet saved in iCloud, GoodNotes will ask you to wait and then delete
5. Enable "Use iCloud" again in Menu > Settings > iCloud Settings