In GoodNotes 5, you can find GoodNotes settings in the GoodNotes menu by tapping the Gear icon in the top-right corner of the Library view.
The menu includes the following:
This is the template library of GoodNotes. You can import custom PDF templates, rearrange templates in groups, create new groups, change the Zoom Window return height, or change your default paper template and cover for new notebooks and QuickNotes.
This allows you to customize GoodNotes for your own needs. You can:
- Change the language for handwriting recognition and search in new documents.
- Change how the interface looks and how GoodNotes should help you work on documents, for example, changing the scrolling direction or the toolbar position.
- Pair your Apple Pencil or adjust palm rejection for non-Bluetooth styluses.
- Disable/Enable iCloud sync.
- Create backups of your library.
- Disable/Enable searching your documents.
- Restore default notebook templates in case you deleted any by mistake.
When you delete a folder, document, or page in GoodNotes, it will be added to the Trash first. You can empty the trash to delete items permanently or recover or move them.
Import Data from GoodNotes 4
You can trigger the migration of your GoodNotes 4 documents through this. We have a help article detailing this process here.
Rate on the App Store
Share your love!
- Check your GoodNotes version.
- Visit our blog, website, and social media channels.
- Read acknowledgments.
- Export diagnostic data when you need help from our support team.
- See your support ID that you should always send to us when you experience any crashes.