The issue should resolve itself eventually, but depending on the size of your library, it might take some time for the app to dismiss the message. Please leave it visible on the screen even if it seems stuck.
Otherwise, if the process hangs forever and you you have a proper backup (i.e iCloud / auto backup or manual backup), you can uninstall the app (this will remove all your local app data), reinstall and restore the data from your backup.
If none of the above methods helps (or you don't have a proper backup), it's most likely your local database is corrupted and we can try to recover it based on the files on your device. Please first make sure the device has enough storage space by looking in your device Settings > General > About. The "Available" capacity should ideally be a few times as large as GoodNotes' Documents & Data in General > iPad/iPhone Storage > GoodNotes.
Then, proceed as follows:
- Open the Settings app, go to GoodNotes (at the bottom of the left section), and enable Temporary Diagnostic Mode.
- Open GoodNotes again and a "Temporary Diagnostic Mode Enabled" dialog will show. Choose OK to export all data, then the app will close (not a crash).
- Connect your device to a computer via a USB cable.
- Launch iTunes (Windows or macOS) and locate GoodNotes' internal files in the File Sharing section. If you're on macOS Catalina or later, locate GoodNotes Files section instead.
- Select all_goodnotes_files.zip file from GoodNotes and drag it to your desktop.
- Send the file to us. Please include your ticket number in your email for quicker support.