As searching and finding relevant study materials is such a fundamental part of using Community, there are a number of different filtering options available. Using these tools, you can filter out all the materials that aren't relevant to you, to ensure that the suggestions you see are personalised to your subject and interests.
Below is a breakdown of the main features / tools that you can use to fine tune your searches within Community:
- Search Bar: You can use this search bar to search for study materials or other members of the app. Searches in the Search Bar will pull results for study materials based on both the title and description - offering you a wide range of notes to look through!
- 'Top Contributors': Pressing the 'Top Contributors' option will take you to a page which highlights some of our highest contributors to Community within a given time period (weekly / monthly). This is a great way to find new contributors to follow within Community - as you can be sure that these individuals are regular uploaders!
- Subject Filter: Indicated by the dropdown menu showing 'All Subjects', this tool can be used to filter down the notes you can see according to the subject you are interested in. For example, if you're a Medical Student, you can filter out all non-Medical notes by selecting 'Medicine' in this dropdown menu.
- Following / Discover Filter: This filter allows you to sort the study materials shown on the Community Homepage. The 'Discover' filter will show you some of the more popular content that Community has to offer, whereas the 'Following' filter will only show materials by your followed contributors.
- Popular / Recent Filter: The 'Popular / Recent' filter allows you to further refine the materials you see in Community. The 'Popular' section will show materials that other users find useful; by contrast, the 'Recent' section will display the notes based on when they were uploaded.
Using any number of these filtering and refining features, you can easily begin to find notes that are perfect for your studying needs - and maybe even find a few people that you want to follow to see more of their content.