Add a Comment on the page by long pressing on your notes to create an instant dialogue with your collaborators, or even just a note to yourself.
Whether you are working with others on the same document or leaving a note behind your hand-written content, Comments add another layer of information to your document and allows for a much deeper level of collaboration.
Comments can be easily added on the fly and allow for discussion to start without intruding on the existing document. The feature has a wide range of uses, including:
Education: Teachers can share their handouts to students and start a conversation on a math equation that students are struggling on.
Self-study: Students who have a Notebook full of notes might run out of space, but Comments allow additional notes within the limited space. Thus allowing a form of collapsable sticky note.
Collaboration: Interior designers can share their furniture selections on a shared floor plan, allowing clients to share thoughts on the furniture suggested on the page.
How can I create a Comment within a document?
- When you have opened up a document, simply perform a long press with your finger or right-click with your cursor to open up the edit menu, then select "Add Comment".
- You can also move created Comments by utilising a long press, right-click or the Lasso Tool.
What does Resolve do in the Comment popover?
- When you want close out the conversation, you can hide the entire comment thread by pressing the "Resolve" button.
How can I show all resolved Comments from the past within a document?
- From the top right corner of the screen, tap the "..." icon to open up the menu. Look for "Show Resolved Comments" toggle button, toggle it on and all resolved comments will be visible within the document.
Can I "Hide All" comments from the page?
- We do not offer the ability to hide all comments at this stage. However, if you intend to close out conversations that has been ended, or no longer valid in your document, you can use the "Resolve" button in order to hide them.
Can I mention a user within a comment?
- Sadly we aren't supporting the ability to mention other users at present, but it may be something we look towards implementing in the future.
What is the difference between a conversation in Community VS using the Commenting feature within a notebook?
- The Community comments section is primarily designed for you to be able to share your thoughts on another users study notes at a high-level, not specifically on certain parts of the notes. Additionally, comments on Community pages are public for all to see!
- On the flip-side of this, for the Commenting feature, it allows for you to leave specific comments at particular exact locations within a page. As such, it is much more focussed on collaboration on specific documents. Additionally, people can only leave comments with the Commenting feature if you've shared your notebook with them - meaning that unlike Community comments, they are far more private.