GoodNotes 5 makes it simple for you to move, organise, merge, and combine your notebooks and pages. Whether you have two notebooks that you want to merge together; a set of QuickNotes that you want to add into your main notebook; or even wanting to take a set of textbook pages to a new book for annotation - this is all done in seconds within the app.
Merging Pages into Other Notebooks
There are two main ways that you can merge your notes into other notebooks - through the Thumbnail View, and through dragging and dropping with Apple's Split View feature.
Using the Thumbnail View:
- Begin by opening the notebook containing the pages you want to move, and go to the Thumbnail View.
- Within the Thumbnail View, press "Select", then select all the pages you wish to move
- Once done, press "Move", and select the destination notebook.
Once this has completed, GoodNotes 5 will insert these pages into the end of the recipient notebook, allowing you to then easily re-organise these pages using the Thumbnail View.
Using Drag / Drop in Split View:
- Open two instances of GoodNotes 5 using Apple's Split View function - with the notebook containing the pages you want to move on one side, and the destination notebook on the other.
- Long-press on any page that you want to move, and then tap on any other pages you want to move with another finger (or use the "Select" function explained above).
- Once selected using one of these two ways, simply drag the pages and drop them into the new notebook on the other side of the screen!
Merging Together Entire Notebooks
If instead of merging groups of pages, you were wanting to merge whole notebooks together, this can also be done in just a few steps!
- In the Documents menu, find the notebook that you wish to merge into another notebook, and press the small downwards arrow located to the right of the notebook title.
- Select "Move", and select the destination folder.
Please note, this will merge the whole notebook into the destination notebook, including the cover page.