Manipulate content as a whole
You generally use The Lasso Tool to select and manipulate content.
Select the Lasso Tool, draw a loop around the content you want to select.
💡 A loop that is larger than intended might select unintended objects nearby, too. To avoid this, you can draw a loop that simply touches the intended object.
Once the content is selected, you can do any of the following:
Move the selection
Drag it to a new place. (It's not currently possible to move a selection across page boundaries.)
You can tap on the selection to bring up a context menu, then choose any of the following:
Cut / Copy the selection
Copy. You can then long-press anywhere on the page and choose
Pasteto insert the clipboard content.
Delete the selection
Do either of the following:
Resize, then tap the Delete icon in the top-left corner of the selection.
Resize / Rotate the selection
Resize, then drag on the Resize handle in the bottom-right corner of the selection box:
Edit handwriting / highlighting
- Select the Eraser Tool and swipe across the content you want to erase.
Undoing & Redoing
Mistakes happen! But take heart that they can be easily rectified, as the app remembers almost every action that has happened to the current page/notebook from the moment you open the notebook up until it's closed.
The undo-able actions include:
- Inserting content:
- Pasting clipboard content
- Removing content:
- Erasing handwriting/highlighting
- Deleting / Cutting content
- Clearing the page
- Changing content:
- Resizing / Moving / Rotating content
Undo an action
- Tap the Undo icon, which shows an arrow pointing left on the toolbar.
Redo an action
- Tap the Redo icon, which shows an arrow pointing right on the toolbar.
Some actions are not currently undo-able with the Undo/Redo icons. For example:
- Inserting a new page
- Rotating the current page
- Deleting the current page