What It Does
The Pen Tool lets you hand-write your notes just like the traditional way on paper. As you can see, it's the most important tool to master!
How to Use It
- Select the Pen Tool from the toolbar, then write on the page.
Set stroke color
- Tap one of the color slots in the Contextual Section on the right.
Set stroke thickness
- Tap one of the thickness slots in the Contextual Section.
Customize a color slot
- Tap twice on the slot.
- Spread two fingers on the page, or use the
+button of the Zoom Controls in the top-right corner.
- Pinch two fingers on the page, or use the
-button of the Zoom Controls in the top-right corner.
Pan a zoomed-in page
- Drag on the page in any direction with one finger in Read-only Mode or two in Edit Mode.
Scroll through pages
Swipe up or down with one finger in Read-only Mode or two in Edit Mode.
💡 For large documents, you can drag the scrollbar that stays along the right edge up or down to quickly scroll through pages.
How to Customize It
You can customize this tool further to better suit your note-taking needs. For example, you can beautify your own handwriting (and your notes) by changing how the ink should be produced.
As with all tools, you can tap the tool again to access its settings.
Change the pen style
Choose any of the following:
Fountain Pen - for your everyday notes and sketches (pressure sensitive)
Ball Pen - for your everyday notes and sketches (not pressure sensitive)
Brush Pen - for more artistic sketches, drawings, and lettering (highly pressure sensitive)
ℹ️ Pressure Sensitivity determines how the line width of the stroke should vary with the Surface Pen pressure on the glass surface.