You can now share your notes on GoodNotes 5 and access them on Windows, Android, and Web (*sharing available after unlocking the full version full version GoodNotes 5 only). You can leave comments and collaborate on the same notes across platforms. Keep in mind that currently you cannot sync the entire library between GoodNotes 5 on iOS/iPad/macOS and Windows/Android, but you can work on the same document by Link Sharing. To learn more about GoodNotes goes cross platform, check out this blog post.
In order to view and edit your notebooks on GoodNotes for Windows, Android, or Web:
- Make sure “Use iCloud" is enabled in GoodNotes iCloud Settings in GoodNotes 5 on iOS/iPadOS/macOS.
- Open a document that you want to share in GoodNotes 5 on iOS/iPadOS/macOS.
- Tap the Share icon in the navigation bar > Enable Share Link to Collaborate.
- Tap on Sharing Settings and make sure "Open Document on Web" is enabled (available in full version only).
- Tap Send Link to share it.
- To accept the shared document:
- For Windows/Android: Open the link from a Windows device that has the Windows beta app / Android beta app installed, tap on “…” > “Open in GoodNotes” and login to access the document. You can see the shared documents by tapping on the "Shared" tab on the left.
- For Web: Open the link on browser to view the notebook. Login to GoodNotes Account (the login for Windows/Android app) to edit the notebook.
Note: When the owner of a shared document disables Link Sharing, the shared document will be no longer be accessible via the URL. You may need to contact the owner in case you believe the document should remain shared.
Q: Can I invite other people directly via email?
A: No. they can only join a shared document via the URL.
Q: Can I control who can view or edit the shared document?
A: No. The shared notes are public and accessible by anyone with the share link. We recommend you share with people you trust. In order to revoke sharing, you need to disable Link Sharing under Share > disable "Share Link to Collaborate”.
Q: Can I share a document from Windows/Android/Web to GoodNotes 5 on iOS/iPadOS/macOS?
A: No. Documents generated on GoodNotes for Windows/Android/Web are stored in your GoodNotes Account and cannot be shared to GoodNotes 5 at the moment. GoodNotes Account only store the documents on Windows/Android/Web.
Q: Can I share a document between GoodNotes on Window, Android and Web?
A: Yes. Your library on GoodNotes Windows, Android, Web are saved to your GoodNotes Account in one place. That means you can access the same notebooks on Window, Android, and Web by simply logging in to the same Windows/Android account.
Q: Can I access the documents from a device without GoodNotes installed?
A: Yes. You can simply open the Shared Link on a browser. In order edit your document, you will need to login with your GoodNotes Account (the login for Windows/Android app).