If the existing templates within Goodnotes are not quite what you are looking for, Goodnotes gives you the flexibility to import your own custom templates.
Any PDF page or image can be added to the Goodnotes template library as a custom cover or paper template. This way, you can further personalize your notebooks to your liking. When imported through this way, a custom template will be available whenever you create a new notebook or page.
- Tap the Settings icon in the top-right corner of the Documents View, and then navigate to Manage Notebook Templates.
- Depending on if you are adding a new custom cover, or a new page template:
- If adding a custom cover: tap the Cover preview in the upper section.
- If adding a custom paper: tap the Paper preview.
- Under Paper Templates, select the Size dropdown, and select the orientation and size of your new template. If you're unsure of this, select the one that you believe is closest to your template's size.
- You will see several categories with built-in templates in the lower section. To add your templates to a specific category, scroll to the end of the list in that category and tap Import > From Photos/Files.
- You can also create your own category by tapping Edit button found to the right of the Cover Templates title. Once in the Edit menu, scroll to the bottom and press Create New Group to make a new custom group for your custom templates.
Note: If you add a multi-page PDF as a custom template, only its first page is added.
Creating a template from an existing page:
If you want to turn one of your existing pages within a notebook into a template:
- Export the respective page by navigating to it, pressing Share and Export within the Notebook View > Export This Page > PDF. Be sure to select Flattened for your PDF type.
- Add the template using the steps above.
Remove templates (including built-in templates):
- Tap the Gear icon in the top-right corner of the Documents View > Manage Notebook Templates.
- Depending on if you are removing a new custom cover, or a new page template:
- If removing covers: tap the Default Cover preview in the upper section.
- If removing papers: tap the Default Paper preview.
- Tap the Edit button found to the right of the Cover Templates title.
- Select the templates you want to remove, then press the Delete button in the top-right of the templates window.