If you have previously purchased GoodNotes 5 but cannot restore your purchase now, you may need to complete some additional steps in order to verify and restore your previous purchase.
Ensure you have proof of purchase:
- First thing to check is that you're signed into the correct Apple ID, as if you are using a different one to your previous purchase of GoodNotes 5, your choice to Restore Purchase will not work. Your Apple ID must be the same account that you used previously for purchasing GoodNotes 5. A quick way to ensure your Apple ID is working as it should is by logging out of the account and logging back in.
- Secondly, if you are using the same Apple ID but still cannot Restore Purchase, you may need to obtain your receipt of the app purchase which is usually emailed to you by Apple.
Often it can take 3-5 days to arrive to your inbox or you can find it as following:
- Open the App Store
- Tap your profile icon
- Tap your name at the top of the profile page
- Scroll down and choose Purchased
- Find the order and tap the "Total Billed" label to see the transaction details
- Tap Resend to have it emailed to you again
- If you cannot find proof of your previous purchase via the above method, try looking through your Purchase History.
Things to try if you cannot verify your proof of purchase:
Offloading or Reinstalling the app may assist in verification of your receipt and will help in restoring your previous purchase:
- Offload the app (iOS/iPadOS only): Open the Settings app > General > iPad/iPhone Storage > GoodNotes > Offload App. This might take a while. After that, tap "Reinstall App."
- If offloading the app does not assist, try reinstalling the app. Please ensure that you have a backup of your app data before completing this step, if possible.
- If you still cannot Restore Purchase or find any form of receipt or Restore Purchase successfully, speak with Billings and Subscriptions department from Apple, as speaking with them would be the quickest way to obtain a receipt and then subsequently validate the process.
- Additionally, if you have your receipt but your Restore Purchase is not completing forward the e-receipt to Apple Support and ask about why your In-App Purchase is not able to complete. Once resolved, full access to GoodNotes 5 should be restored.