The Ruler tool is a feature usable with the Pen and Highlighter Tools that helps you draw straight lines with ease. When you select the Ruler tool, a ruler will appear on your current page to help you draw perfectly straight lines. You can draw along the edge of the ruler, and the ink stroke will snap to the ruler.
Toggle the ruler
- Tap the Ruler icon in the toolbar. When it appears, its scale is adjusted according to the current zoom level of the page.
Once the ruler is visible, you can start drawing a perfect line!
Draw a line
- (Optional) Place two fingers on the ruler and rotate it to adjust it at a certain angle, e.g. when you want to draw a line that connects two or more dots. You can also set an exact angle (see below).
- Draw a line along either edge of the ruler, optionally using the scale as a guide to get a line of a certain length. The line is made straight as you draw it.
Tip: You can finger-drag along the body of the ruler to access the invisible part of the scale.
Customize the ruler
- Tap the ruler twice when it’s shown on the page.
- Do any of the following:
- To set an exact angle, tap Set Angle, enter a value and confirm.
- To set an exact position, tap Set Position, enter the coordinates and confirm.
- To remove it from the page, tap Hide.
- To change its settings, tap Options:
- To hide the digits on it, tap Hide Digits.
- To show the scale in inches/centimeters, tap Change to Inches/Centimeters.