We've got some reports of this but unfortunately can't reproduce it. It seems to happen to some users using Apple Pencil 2 on iPad Pro. According to some research we've done (*), it doesn't seem specific to GoodNotes and we suspect it could be related to the specific Apple Pencil or iPad. Many affected users no longer experienced this after having Apple replace the Pencil, and/or the iPad.
If you don't happen to have another Apple Pencil or device to try, immediately write in another note-taking app as soon as the issue pops up to see if it occurs there.
Here are some additional suggestions that work for some of the users. See if any of them work for you too:
- Make sure your Apple Pencil is indeed working correctly.
- Unscrew the Pencil tip and clean the contact part where the tip is screwed on.
- Lower the sensitivity of the double-tap gesture of the Apple Pencil 2, or turn it off altogether.
- Use the Fountain Pen instead.
- Don't use the iPad while it's charging, and if you have to, use an Apple charger, not a third-party one.
- Set Palm Rejection in GoodNotes to High.
- Keep your palm and the glass surface dry (i.e. no sweaty palm)
- Restore your iPad. But back up all your GoodNotes data first.