Goodnotes supports Apple Family Sharing, which means that your family can enjoy premium Goodnotes 6 with a single one-time purchase (iOS/iPadOS/macOS) or annual subscription (which unlocks Goodnotes on all platforms, including iPadOS, iOS, macOS, Android, Windows, and Web)
Important: If you've bought a subscription from Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web, unfortunately the subscription can't be shared as it's not through Apple's Family Sharing.
Share your Goodnotes 6 one-time purchase or subscription
- If you haven't, set up Family Sharing. This includes setting up a family group and inviting family members to it.
- Allow sharing your purchase or subscription:
- To share your Goodnotes 6 one-time purchase, go to device Settings > Apple ID > Family Sharing > Purchase Sharing > Continue, then follow the onscreen instructions.
- To share your Goodnotes 6 subscription, go to device Settings > Apple ID > Subscriptions, and enable Share with Family.
- Have the family members join the group to gain premium access to Goodnotes 6.
- They can launch the app, create a Goodnotes account by choosing "Sign in with Apple/Google/Microsoft" and an account with the chosen login provider and be recognized as a premium user. It's important that they take note of the login provider and the respective account of that provider so as to avoid running into the Subscription Detected error.
- Family members can access the shared subscription/purchase by opening the App Store app, choosing their profile icon in the top-right corner and selecting either Purchased or Subscriptions.
- You as the family organizer can remove members from the group or disband it, or they can leave the group themselves. If they leave the group, they lose premium access to Goodnotes 6. If you or another member owing the subscription/purchase leaves the group, everyone else will lose premium access to Goodnotes 6.
- If you encounter any issues with Family Sharing, they are likely caused by Apple and not by Goodnotes. If a member does not have premium access to Goodnotes 6 through Family Sharing, they can try leaving and rejoining the family and/or following these suggestions.