When you log in to Goodnotes 6, you might run into this error:
This is likely because you've already created a Goodnotes account tied to your App Store account, but are currently logged in to another Goodnotes account.
Your App Store account (aka "Media & Purchases" account, what you use to make App Store purchases) can be tied to only one Goodnotes subscription (including the free trial) / one-time payment.
To resolve this, you have two options:
- Sign in to the very first Goodnotes account that you created. For example, if you chose "Sign in with Google" and signed in to the app to create that Goodnotes account, use that same Google account to sign in to Goodnotes (assuming you're still using the same App Store account on your device).
- If you want to transfer your subscription/one-time payment to another Goodnotes account (via a different Apple/Google/Microsoft account), you will still need to sign in to that very first Goodnotes account as above, and delete it:
- Once signed in, tap the ⚙️ icon in the top-right corner of the Library view > Account Info (first option) > Delete Account, unsubscribe from the yearly plan if prompted (*), then confirm. (Ignore the Delete Account warning as your notes will be safe.)
- Sign in to the Goodnotes account you want to move your subscription to.
- Re-subscribe to the same plan (*). You won't be charged again until the next renewal date.
(*) Not applicable to the one-time payment or the free plan.
If the issue persists, please send us the following details for our investigation:
- The Diagnostic Data. Please open Goodnotes ⚙️ menu in the library view > About > Export Diagnostic Data.
- Your receipt of the purchase showing your App Store account (Apple ID) and Order ID. If you can't find the receipt in your email inbox, check your Purchase History.
If you only use "Sign in with Apple"
You might have created your very first Goodnotes account with a "Hide My Email" address, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org, but then signed back in to the app with your actual email address. Since the actual email address created another Goodnotes account that's different from the first Goodnotes account, this error pops up.
You will need to delete that Goodnotes account tied to that "Hide My Email" address and log back in with your real email address:
- Open device Settings > Apple ID > Password & Security > Sign in with Apple > Goodnotes > Stop Using Apple ID.
- In Goodnotes, sign out from the Account Info page.
- Sign back in with "Sign in with Apple", choosing the “Hide my Email” option so that you can get into the original Goodnotes account.
- Choose Delete Account on the Account Info page, and confirm. (Please ignore the warning as your notes will be safe.)
- Repeat steps 1 & 2.
- Sign in to Goodnotes again with "Sign in with Apple", this time not choosing the "Hide my Email" option. The error message should be resolved and the Account Info page should show your real email address.
If you've lost access to the Apple/Google/Microsoft account tied to the subscribing Goodnotes account
If you used a Apple/Google/Microsoft account to create your Goodnotes account and subscribed to or unlocked Goodnotes 6, but then lost access to that Apple/Google/Microsoft account, and thus the Goodnotes account, the app won't be able to recognize your subscription.
Please contact us with details about your situation, the receipt of your subscription, as well as the Diagnostic Data, and we'll try to locate and delete the Goodnotes account tied to the inaccessible Apple/Google/Microsoft account so that you can create a new Goodnotes account with your subscription migrated over.