What's a known issue?
It's a frequently reported problem that's probably affecting you as well, and by listing these issues here, we hope to save you the trouble of reporting them.
A known issue might not be a GoodNotes bug after all and might need to be fixed by a future iOS/iPadOS/macOS update or another third-party app. If it's indeed a verified GoodNotes issue, rest assured it will be addressed as soon as possible. Try as we might, some issues are harder to reproduce and/or fix than others, and so please expect some delay before there's a solution. We appreciate your patience!
List of known issues
Before checking if you're experiencing any of the issues below, it's a good idea to visit GoodNotes App Store page directly and see if you can tap Update to get the latest version, which might have already fixed your issues. (This is because there might be a delay before the App Store pushes the latest GoodNotes version to you automatically.)
- Can't resize or move text boxes with Apple Pencil. This is a recent change to support Scribble, but we're working on bringing back support for this.
- Can't import files from Outlook, getting an error message containing a long path to the file. If possible, please forward us the email with the attachment for a look.
- (macOS) Lagging and dotted strokes with Wacom drawing tablet on macOS Big Sur
- Erasing content within an oval/circle also erasing the shape
- Unexpected random lines
- "Spikes" or smearing in exported PDFs
- "Content Unavailable" error
- Can't search PDF text of "GoodNotes 4" documents migrated to GoodNotes 5
- Can't import .goodnotes files from Google Drive via Files. Workaround: Please import from the Google Drive app.
- Can't convert text on rotated pages
- Blank built-in template previews. This seems to happen to jailbroken devices and unfortunately we don't support them.