What's a known issue?
It's a frequently reported problem that's probably affecting you as well, and by listing these issues here, we hope to save you the trouble of reporting them.
A known issue might not be a GoodNotes bug after all and might need to be fixed by a future iOS/iPadOS/macOS update or another third-party app. If it's indeed a verified GoodNotes issue, rest assured it will be addressed as soon as possible. Try as we might, some issues are harder to reproduce and/or fix than others, and so please expect some delay before there's a solution. We appreciate your patience!
List of known issues
Before checking if you're experiencing any of the issues below, it's a good idea to visit GoodNotes App Store page directly and see if you can tap Update to get the latest version, which might have already fixed your issues. (This is because there might be a delay before the App Store pushes the latest GoodNotes version to you automatically.)
- "Stylus & Palm Rejection" Settings not available on device models that don't support Apple Pencil.
- Resizing a lassoed object or a text box tilts it a little.
- Imported files from Dropbox have their names turned to all lower-cases letters. Workaround: please share these files from the Dropbox app with GoodNotes instead.
- PDF Planner loading slowly.
- (macOS) Lagging and dotted strokes with Wacom drawing tablet on macOS Big Sur
- Can't import PowerPoint or Word files to GoodNotes for macOS. This is a missing feature. Workaround: please open the PowerPoint or Word file in Preview and export it to a PDF, which you can open in GoodNotes.
- "Define" feature doesn't work in GoodNotes for macOS.
- Unexpected random lines
- "Spikes" or smearing in exported PDFs
- "Content Unavailable" error
- Can't import .goodnotes files from Google Drive via Files. This is a bug of the Files-Google Drive integration, and not a GoodNotes bug. Workaround: Please import from the Google Drive app.
- Blank built-in template previews. This seems to happen to jailbroken devices and unfortunately we don't support them.